A Pinterest Fail: Sunset Hair

This is what happens when you try to achieve a colored ombre for the very first time!

7


You win some and you lose some! Today, it’s 1 “L” for me.
You can see my Pinterest inspo here, but you can see how it turned out on me below:

IMG_20170623_190816-01

Maybe the reason why it didn’t work out was because I didn’t blend the colors in the middle? I also think that Arctic Fox’s Poseidon blue may have been too dark for this job. Either way, I used Arctic Fox’s Sunset Orange and Poseidon (blue).

IMG_20170616_121158
I learned a few things from this fail (oh, have there been a few):
  1. I really like Arctic Fox’s Sunset Orange
  2. Poseidon seems to be a better fall/winter color rather than spring/summer
  3. fantasy ombres exceed my meager hair-dye experience!
Who knows, if I can muster up the courage I may try a colored ombre some other time. The turnout could’ve been worse! If you want to know more about Arctic Fox as a fantasy dye brand, you can read my unbiased review of their products here. You can find less cringe-worthy dye jobs here.
For more hair dye inspo, you can follow my “Fashion 360” board and my “Curlspiration” board on Pinterest!

Do you have any tips on colored ombre to share? What color do you have in your hair right now? Let me know in the comments below!

Talk to you soon,
2

Comments

Most Read Posts

Subscribe