A Poem: Grace

Grace - A Poem

Fact is, I was sinking.
My best friend offered me
a gift. She gave me a CD
to listen to. She didn’t want it.

I, on the count of never getting new things,
accepted her gift. I went home to listen to it;
killing two birds with one stone, I drowned
out the clamor of my ireful home.

Never having listened to this particular band before,
I had no idea what I would hear. I wanted to like it,
but I didn’t expect to like it. I should have asked her
If she thought I would like it. You know,

when you’re sinking, you take a lot of risks in the hopes
that maybe (just maybe) something will inflate you; in the fight
to stay above the waters at those times when the floods rush in and
your hunger to live is at risk of subsiding. When I was young.

Well, the CD was gorgeous. The lyrics spoke to me in a language I had been
searching for. I wanted so badly to be understood; I still do. The voice of Adam
gave me the life I didn’t think I could have. All 13 songs penetrated me in a place that
I had forgot existed. I lived by that CD; I healed by it.
The anthems to my sorrow lifted me up and saved me.
-

Thanks for reading my work! If you’re interested in reading more about this piece and it’s meaning, I write in depth about it here, on Goodreads! I’d love to connect with you there (or here) and read your writing too!
Take care and keep in touch,
3

NOTE: This is an 100% original work under copyright! You may NOT copy any of this (in whole or in part) without clearly stating that the poem was written by me, in addition to referencing back to this post. Thank you!




























Comments

Most Read Posts

Subscribe